A hulking boar tosses its head and charges, fading in and out of existence as it moves.
Huge monstrosity, unaligned
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 104 (11d12 + 33)
Speed 40 ft.
|22 (+6)||9 (-1)||17 (+3)||7 (–2)||12 (+1)||7 (–1)|
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11
Languages understands Common but can’t speak it
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)
- Charge. If the ghost boar moves at least 20 feet straight toward a target and then hits it with a tusk attack on the same turn, the target takes an extra 14 (4d6) slashing damage If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 17 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Incorporeal Jaunt. As ghost boar.
- Relentless (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). If the elder ghost boar takes 20 damage or less that would reduce it to 0 hp, it is reduced to 1 hp instead.
- Spirit Conduit. When a creature dies within 30 feet of the ghost boar, its spirit can possess the boar, incapacitating the boar for up to 1 minute. During this time, the spirit is affected by the speak with dead spell, speaking through the ghost boar’s mouth.
- Multiattack. The elder ghost boar makes two tusk attacks.
- Tusk. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 16 (3d6 + 6) slashing damage.
- Ghostly Slip. When it is targeted by an attack or spell or is grappled or restrained, the ghost boar becomes momentarily incorporeal. It gains resistance to any damage that isn’t force and ends any grappled or restrained conditions on itself.
Magical Creation. A magical experiment on a group of albino boars went awry, releasing the enormous beasts into the wild to proliferate.
Ghostly Form. Ghost boars earn their name from their ability to temporarily become incorporeal. When the ghost boar moves, it becomes ghostly and insubstantial, passing through obstacles as it charges its prey.
A Soul Depot. A strange side effect of the magical accident that created the ghost boar appears in the strongest of them: they are magnets for souls of the recently departed. The souls can use the meager spiritual magic of the ghost boar to communicate with those nearby.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.