Medium outsider, neutral evil
Armor Class: 14
Hit Points 30 (4d8 +12)
Speed: 50 ft.
|17 (+3)||13 (+1)||17 (+3)||4 (-3)||12 (+1)||13 (+1)|
- Bay: When a shadow mastiff howls, all creatures within a 300-foot area who are not evil outsiders must succeed at a wisdom save (DC 13) or be panicked; on each of its turns, the frightened creature must take the Dash action and move away from you by the safest and shortest available route, unless there is nowhere to move. If the target moves out of range of this ability, the effect ends.
- Scent: Shadow mastiffs gain advantage on all wisdom checks related to their sense of smell.
- Shadow Blend: Shadow mastiffs gain total concealment in any condition of illumination other than full daylight.
- Trip: Whenever the shadow mastiff hits an opponent with a bite attack, the opponent falls prone unless it succeeds at a dexterity save (DC 15). If the opponent fails this check, the shadow mastiff may make an immediate second bite attack as a bonus action.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6+3) piercing damage.
This creature has the body of a large dog, with a smooth black coat and a mouth full of sharp teeth. A shadow mastiff is slightly more than 2 feet high at the shoulder and weighs about 200 pounds. Shadow mastiffs cannot speak, but they understand Common.
Familiars & Companions, Copyright 2017, Troll Lord Games; Author Casey Christofferson, Justin Bacon, Tommy Ruteledge, Josh Hubbel, Lance Hawvermile, Luke Johnson, Stephen Vogel and Dave Zenz.