Medium outsider, neutral evil
Armor Class: 20
Hit Points 19 (3d8+6)
Speed: 40 ft., fly 60 ft.
- Bay: When a yeth hound howls, all creatures within a 300-foot area who are not evil outsiders must succeed at a wisdom save (DC 13) or be panicked; on each of its turns, the frightened creature must take the Dash action and move away from you by the safest and shortest available route, unless there is nowhere to move. If the target moves out of range of this ability, the effect ends.
- Scent: Yeth hounds gain advantage on all wisdom checks related to their sense of smell.
- Shadow Blend: Yeth hounds gain total concealment in any condition of illumination other than full daylight.
- Trip: Whenever the yeth hound hits an opponent with a bite attack, the opponent falls prone unless it succeeds at a dexterity save (DC 15). If the opponent fails this check, the yeth hound may make an immediate second bite attack as a bonus action.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 +4) piercing damage.
Yeth hounds resemble a strange cross between a lynx and a hairless dog. Deep black in color and with watery, yellow eyes, the yeth hound stands 5 feet tall at the shoulder and weighs about 400 pounds. Yeth hounds hunt only at night. They fear the sun and never venture out in daylight, even if their lives depend on it. Yeth hounds cannot speak, but understand Infernal.
They are resistant to all damage unless the weapon string them is magical, holy or silver. Their own claws are treated as evil-aligned for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
Familiars & Companions, Copyright 2017, Troll Lord Games; Author Casey Christofferson, Justin Bacon, Tommy Ruteledge, Josh Hubbel, Lance Hawvermile, Luke Johnson, Stephen Vogel and Dave Zenz.