Large undead, chaotic evil
Armor Class 15
Hit Points 112 (15d10 + 30)
Speed 0 ft., fly 60 ft. (hover)
|19 (+4)||20 (+5)||15 (+2)||12 (+1)||18 (+4)||16 (+3)|
Damage Resistances acid, cold, lightning, necrotic, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages the languages it knew in life
Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
- Annihilating Aura. Any creature that starts its turn within 30 ft of the mist phantom must succeed on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or take 7 (2d6) necrotic damage and grant the mist phantom advantage on attack rolls against it until the start of the creature’s next turn. Undead are immune to this aura.
- Incorporeal Movement. The mist phantom can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. It takes 5 (1d10) force damage if it ends its turn inside an object.
- Sunlight Sensitivity. The mist phantom takes 10 radiant damage whenever it starts its turn in sunlight. While in sunlight, the mist phantom has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.
- Turn Resistance. The mist phantom has advantage on saving throws against any effect that turns undead.
- Life Drain. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d10 + 4) piercing damage plus the target must succeed on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw (undead and constructs automatically succeed), or it takes 24 (7d6) necrotic damage, and the target’s hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken. This reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if its hit point maximum is reduced to 0.
Floating through thickest of fogs is a mist phantom. This monster is filled with evil energies. Healthy beasts flee and plants wilt. This large undead creature haunts the darkest corners of Feyland.
Phantom Presence. Simply being in the presence of these horrors is disturbing. Any creature that gets close to the mist phantom will regret it.
Undead Nature. A mist phantom doesn’t require air, food, drink, or sleep.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood