Medium humanoid (half-elf), neutral
Armor Class 16 (chain shirt)
Hit Points 104 (16d8 + 32)
Speed 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||18 (+4)||13 (+2)||14 (+2)||13 (+1)||8 (-1)|
- Brute. A melee weapon deals one extra die of its damage when the master artillerist hits with it (included in the attack).
- Duck & Cover. If the master artillerist is adjacent to another artillerist and they are forced to roll a Dexterity saving throw, each artillerist may make the roll and treat the highest result as if each had rolled it.
- Siege Master. The master artillerist adds double its proficiency bonus (+4) to any attack rolls with ballistae or cannons.
- Special Gear. alchemist’s fire (x2), wand of magic missile, 18 gp.
- Multiattack. The master artillerist makes two melee attacks with its morning star.
- Morningstar. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d8 + 2) bludgeoning damage.
- Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d10 + 4) piercing damage.
- Parry. The master artillerist adds 3 to its AC against one melee attack that would hit it. To do so, the artillerist must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon.
This highly trained expert combines the martial with the mathematical to find the proper range to launch devastating salvos against enemy vessels and fortifications. They supervise junior artillerists and rally sailors and soldiers alike in marine clashes.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.