Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
Armor Class 12 (15 with mage armor)
Hit Points 99 (18d8 + 18)
Speed 30 ft.
|10 (+0)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)||20 (+5)||15 (+2)||16 (+3)|
Saving Throws Int +9, Wis +6
Skills Arcana +13, History +13
Damage Resistance damage from spells; nonmagical bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing (from stoneskin)
Senses passive Perception 12
Languages any six languages
Challenge 12 (8,400 XP)
- Magic Resistance: The archmage has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Spellcasting: The archmage is an 18th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). The archmage can cast disguise self and invisibility at will and has the following wizard spells prepared:
- Cantrips (at will): fire bolt, light, mage hand, prestidigitation, shocking grasp
- 1st level (4 slots): detect magic, identify, mage armor,* magic missile
- 2nd level (3 slots): detect thoughts, mirror image, misty step
- 3rd level (3 slots): counterspell, fly, lightning bolt
- 4th level (3 slots): banishment, fire shield, stoneskin*
- 5th level (3 slots): cone of cold, scrying, wall of force
- 6th level (1 slot): globe of invulnerability
- 7th level (1 slot): teleport
- 8th level (1 slot): mind blank*
- 9th level (1 slot): time stop
*The archmage casts these spells on itself before combat.
- Dagger: Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2 piercing damage.