Dwarves love their beer, so it is no surprise that many of them revere the goddess of beer. Clerics of the brew are talented brewers, creating delicious full-flavored mundane ales, but they can also channel the power of the goddess to make special “blessed” brews to aid her followers. They are capable fighters and are often found in the front ranks of dwarven war bands, swinging their maces and inspiring their comrades.
Medium humanoid (dwarf), any good
Armor Class 18 (chain mail, shield)
Hit Points 104 (16d8 + 32)
Speed 25 ft.
|16 (+3)||10 (+0)||15 (+2)||11 (+0)||18 (+4)||13 (+1)|
Saving Throws Constitution +5, Wisdom +7
Skills Medicine +7, Persuasion +4, Religion +3
Damage Resistances poison
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Dwarvish
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
- Master Brewer. The cleric has a +6 bonus on ability checks to brew beer, has advantage on saving throws against poison, and can’t be intoxicated unless it chooses to be.
- Spellcasting. The cleric of the brew is an 8th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). It has the following cleric spells prepared:
- Cantrips (at will): guidance, light, mending, sacred flame
- 1st level (4 slots): cure wounds, healing word, heroism, purify food and drink
- 2nd level (3 slots): hold person, prayer of healing, spiritual weapon
- 3rd level (3 slots): aura of vitality, dispel magic, spirit guardians
- 4th level (2 slots): confusion, freedom of movement
- Multiattack. The cleric can use its Intoxicating Burp. It then makes two divine strike attacks.
- Divine Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) bludgeoning damage plus 9 (2d8) radiant damage.
- Divine Brew. The cleric drinks, or administers to an ally, one of the beer goddess’ holy ales. For 1 minute, the drinker is immune to being frightened, gains 7 (2d6) temporary hp, and has advantage on ability checks based on Charisma. The creature can’t benefit from Blessed Brew again until it finishes a short or long rest.
- Intoxicating Burp. The cleric of the brew belches revoltingly in the face of a single creature within 5 feet. The target must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or become poisoned for 1 minute. If a creature’s saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the cleric’s Intoxicating Burp for the next 24 hours.
- Boot and Rally (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). Allies within 30 feet of the cleric who are frightened, paralyzed, poisoned, or stunned by an effect that allows repeated saving throws (such as a dragon’s Frightful Presence) have advantage on the next saving throw. A creature that succeeds on the saving throw regains 7 (2d6) hp.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.