Medium humanoid (human), alignment
Armor Class 16 (+1 studded leather)
Hit Points 182 (28d8 + 56)
Speed 30 ft.
|10 (+0)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)||12 (+1)||20 (+5)|
- Battle Cry (1/Day). Each creature of the imperial commander’s choice that is within 30 feet of it, can hear it, and not already affected by Battle Cry gain advantage on attack rolls until the start of the imperial commander’s next turn. The imperial commander can then make one attack as a bonus action.
- Countercharm. As an action, the imperial commander may give allies advantage on saving throws against being frightened or charmed.
- Inspire. As a bonus action the imperial commander can inspire allies. One ally may roll 1d12 and add the result to a single ability check, attack roll, damage roll, saving throw, or add to their armor class against a single attack. The bard may use this ability 5 times per day.
- Special Gear. Imp familiar (Alakoffolys), scimitar of speed, +1 studded leather, scroll of feather fall, scroll of shield, 45 gp.
- Tactics. At the start of any naval combat, the imperial commander rolls Intelligence (Investigation) opposed by an enemy commander’s Wisdom (Insight). If the imperial commander wins the opposed check, all ships under its command gain advantage on their initiative rolls.
- Spellcasting. The imperial commander is a 16thlevel spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). The imperial commander has the following spells prepared:
- Cantrips (at will): dancing lights, true strike, vicious mockery
- 1st level (4 slots): charm person, disguise self, heroism
- 2nd level (3 slots): detect thoughts, suggestion
- 3rd level (3 slots): fear, stinking cloud
- 4th level (3 slots): compulsion, polymorph
- 5th level (2 slots): dominate person, geas
- 6th level (1 slot): guards and wards, mass suggestion
- 7th level (1 slot): forcecage
- 8th level (1 slot): dominate monster
- Multiattack. The imperial commander makes two attacks with its scimitar or two with its hand crossbow.
- Scimitar of Speed. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d6 +5) slashing damage.
- Hand crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) piercing damage and the target must make on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw, taking 10 (3d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.