Medium humanoid (human), lawful evil
Armor Class 18 (breastplate, shield of faith)
Hit Points 162 (25d8 + 50)
Speed 30 ft.
|7 (-2)||20 (+5)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)||18 (+4)||14 (+2)|
Saving Throws Dexterity+7
Tools Disguise kit, forgery kit, poisoners kit
Skills Perception +5, Deception +5
Senses passive Perception 15
Special Gear antitoxin (x2), bag of caltrops, potion of greater healing, potion of invisibility (x2)
Languages Common, Infernal
Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)
- Assassinate. During its first turn, the undercover assassin has advantage on attack rolls against any creature that hasn’t taken a turn. Any hit the undercover assassin scores against a surprised creature is a critical hit.
- Double-Slice. A melee weapon deals one extra die of its damage when the undercover assassin hits with it (included in the attack). Additionally, the undercover assassin can roll melee weapon damage twice and use the higher of the two results.
- Evasion. If the undercover assassin is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, the undercover assassin instead takes no damage if it succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails.
- Sneak Attack. Once per turn, the undercover assassin deals an extra 17 (5d6) damage when he hits a target with a weapon attack and has advantage on the attack roll, or when the target is within 5 feet of an ally of the undercover assassin that isn’t incapacitated and the undercover assassin doesn’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
- Spellcasting. The undercover assassin is a 5thlevel spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). The undercover assassin has the following spells prepared:
- Multiattack. The undercover assassin makes three attacks: two with its scimitar and one with its dagger.
- Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) slashing damage and 10 (3d6) poison damage and the target must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned until the start of the undercover assassin’s next turn.
- Dagger. Ranged Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d4 + 5) piercing damage.
- Light crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d4 + 5) piercing damage.
This wandering warpriest is a devout professional assassin. He dresses in voluminous robes and pretends to be a harmless and somewhat absentminded scholar of religion and shipboard.
He can be hired to kill almost anyone for the right price. Once he has agreed to kill someone, he will not stop hunting that person until he or she is dead.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.