Medium humanoid (human), neutral evil
Armor Class 16
Hit Points 212 (25d8 + 100)
Speed 30 ft.
|20 (+5)||10 (+2)||10 (+4)||8 (-1)||12 (+1)||10 (+0)|
- Brute. A melee weapon deals one extra die of its damage when the tattooed pit champion hits with and doubles its strength bonus it (included in the attack).
- Bring the Pain. When the tattooed pit champion takes more than half damage from a melee attack, it can immediately attack the attacking creature as a bonus action.
- Fortitude. The tattooed pit champion rolls with advantage against any effect that causes the following conditions: fear, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned or stunned.
- Terrifying Visage. The tattooed pit champion doubles its proficiency bonus on intimidation checks. In addition it can make an intimidation check against a target’s charisma roll. If it succeeds it can make a single melee attack with advantage.
- Unarmored Defense. The tattooed pit champion adds its dexterity and constitution modifiers to its armor class.
- Wrestler. The tattooed pit champion makes all grapple checks with advantage.
- Multiattack. The tattooed pit champion makes two attacks with its greatsword or its longbow.
- Greatsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 24 (4d6 + 10) slashing damage.
- Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) piercing damage.
- Disarming Attack. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: the target must succeed on a DC 16 Strength saving throw or drop one item it’s holding of the tattooed pit champion’s choice. The item lands up to 10 feet from the target, in a spot selected by the tattooed pit champion.
Whether marked with traditional tribal spiritbrands or wearing tattoos like trophies of each conquest in the ring, these champion battlers know a variety of exotic combat styles and ply each and every one to keep crew members in line or serve as a one-man security detail for their captain.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.