Medium humanoid (any race), lawful neutral
Armor Class 17 (scale mail)
Hit Points 91 (14d8 + 28)
Speed 30 ft.
|13 (+1)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||11 (+0)||13 (+1)|
Skills Perception +2
Senses passive Perception 12
Languages one language (usually Common)
Challenge 4 (450 XP)
- Tactical Insight. The city watch captain has advantage on initiative rolls. City watch soldiers under the captain’s command take their turns on the same initiative count as the captain.
- Multiattack. The city watch captain makes two rapier attacks and one dagger attack. The captain can substitute a disarming attack for one rapier attack.
- Rapier. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.
- Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) piercing damage.
- Light Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) piercing damage.
- Disarming Attack. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: the target must make a successful DC 13 Strength saving throw or drop one item it’s holding of the city watch captain’s choice. The item lands up to 10 feet from the target, in a spot selected by the captain.
- Orders to Attack (1/Day). Each creature of the city watch captain’s choice that is within 30 feet of it and can hear it makes one melee or ranged weapon attack as a reaction. This person could easily have been on the other side of the law, but he likes the way he looks in the city watch uniform-and the way city residents look at him when he walks down the street leading a patrol. With a long mustache and a jaunty cap, there’s no denying that he cuts a rakishly handsome figure. While a trained investigator, the city watch captain is not afraid to draw his blade to end a threat to his city.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.