Medium undead, lawful evil
Armor Class 17 (half plate)
Hit Points 97 (15d8 + 30)
Speed 30 ft.
|17 (+3)||15 (+2)||14 (+2)||8 (-1)||10 (+0)||7 (-2)|
Skills Athletics +6, Animal Handling +3, Perception +3, Stealth +5
Damage Resistances necrotic
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 13
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)
- Charge. If the ghost knight is mounted and moves at least 30 feet in a straight line toward a target and hits it with a melee attack on the same turn, the target takes an extra 7 (2d6) damage.
- Mounted Warrior. When mounted, the ghost knight has advantage on attacks against unmounted creatures smaller than its mount. If the ghost knight’s mount is subjected to an effect that allows it to take half damage with a successful Dexterity saving throw, the mount instead takes no damage if it succeeds on the saving throw and half damage if it fails.
- Turning Defiance. The ghost knight and all darakhul or ghouls within 30 feet of it have advantage on saving throws against effects that turn undead.
- Multiattack. The ghost knight makes three melee attacks.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) piercing damage.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (2d4 + 3) slashing damage. If the target is a creature other than an elf or undead, it must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. A paralyzed target repeats the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Battleaxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage or 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage if used with two hands, plus 10 (3d6) necrotic damage.
- Lance. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d12 + 3) piercing damage plus 10 (3d6) necrotic damage.
The ghost knight has accepted the blessing of undeath to advance through the ranks. Mounted on undead warhorse (treat as warhorse skeleton), the ghost knight is a dangerous foe, spearing enemies with her lance and trampling foes under her mount’s hooves.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.