Devil, Nupperibo

Family: Devils

Medium fiend (devil), lawful evil

Armor Class 11 (natural armor)
Hit Points 4 (1d8)
Speed 30 ft.

10 (+0) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 4 (-3) 10 (+0) 4 (-3)

Damage Resistances cold; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that are not silver
Damage Immunities fire, poison, psychic
Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, stunned, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Infernal (cannot speak)
Challenge 0 (10 XP)


  • Devil’s Sight. Magical darkness doesn’t impede the nupperibo’s darkvision.
  • Magic Resistance. The nupperibo devil has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.


  • Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2 (1d4) slashing damage.
  • Spear. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d6) piercing damage.


Nupperibo are shambling, ambulatory meat sacks – vaguely humanoid blobs of pus and flesh with a putrid yellow-green pallor – with the horrified faces of the accursed damned. Damned souls raised from the Styx to do the bidding of the princes of Hell, nuperribo are largely mindless and attack in mobs with found weapons or slashes from their rotted claws. They stand five feet tall and weigh about 100 pounds.

Devils constantly punish these tortured spirits, which they consider even lowlier than lemures and manes. Nupperibos are used as fodder in their never-ending wars, with a typical nupperibo army consisting of thousands of these creatures. Nupperibos unerringly follow the orders of their commander. They are relentless in their pursuit and attack, and continue to assault anything in their path until ordered to stop by their commander. A nupperibo killed in battle is 99% likely to be reformed (by a duke or arch devil) into another nupperibo; the remaining 1% are “promoted” to lemure status, having proved their worth in combat.

Section 15: Copyright Notice

Tome of Horrors 2020, (C) 2020, Necromancer Games

This is not the complete section 15 entry - see the full license for this page