You are a member of a biological species but have been heavily augmented with technological parts. Even your mind is somewhat robotic, enhanced by interplay between the machine and the living creature you once were. It’s possible this condition is not unique to you. Some species supplant culture with technological integration and their original physiology with mechanical augmentation.
Note that these rules are made to work alongside the Cybernetic Implant feat. A Cyborg might take the Cybernetic Implant feat as they install new and more advanced hardware.
Though members of other species may take that feat to represent some amount of tech improvements, you are something different.
You are a wholly integrated middle ground between biology and technology.
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, as does one additional ability score of your choice (maximum 20).
|1||Needs a breath mask when outside of home planet.|
|2||Skin turns colors when angry.|
|3||Terrified by small animals.|
|4||Feels physical pleasure when first interacting with a new species.|
|5||Experiences dreams as realistic as actual events.|
|6||Gains the superficial physical features of the species they interact with.|
|7||Can sense the presence of high technology.|
|9||Engages in elaborate, months long mating rituals.|
|10||Interfaces with technology by touching it.|
|11||Very restrictive dietary needs.|
|12||Never sleeps, but must meditate 4 hours per solar day.|
|13||Can smell fear.|
|15||No sense of humor.|
|16||Cannot speak the common language, only understand it.|
|18||Large size. (GM discretion only; may be overpowered)|
|19||Extreme sexual dimorphism.|
|20||Can hibernate for years.|
Age. You most likely age just as a member of your origin species would.
Size. You are the shape of a typical humanoid, making you Medium size.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Implants. You begin with 3 cybernetic benefits from the following list:
- Computer Interface. You may plug directly into computer systems, doubling your proficiency bonus on tool use rolls for accessing information stored within that system.
- Database. Select one Intelligence skill. Double your proficiency bonus when using this skill to recall information.
- Improved Sense. Select one of your senses (hearing, vision, smell, taste, touch). Double your proficiency bonus when making skill checks utilizing that sense, such as tracking, investigation, or perception.
- Mechanical Chassis. Your base armor rating is 15 + your Dexterity modifier. You may no longer wear armor.
- Nightvision. You gain darkvision up to a distance of 60 feet.
- Replacement Limb. Increase your Strength score by 1, to a maximum of 20. Your unarmed attacks may deal 1d4 + Strength modifier bludgeoning damage if you use your replacement limb.
- Retractable Claws and Spikes. Your unarmed attacks may deal 1d6 + Strength modifier slashing damage. Doing so reveals your hidden weapons to onlookers.
- Subdermal Sheath. You gain resistance to one of the following damage types (choose one each time you select this benefit): bludgeoning or piercing.
- Thermal Vision. You gain darkvision up to a distance of 30 feet and have advantage on tracking rolls.
HYPERLANES Developer Ryan Chaddock Copyright 2017 Scrivened, LLC