Wrapped from head to toe in tattered leather robes, this creature appears almost human at first glance. The longer one looks, however, the more one becomes aware of strange and terrifying realities beneath the façade.
Medium aberration, chaotic evil
Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
Hit Points 85 (10d8 + 40)
Speed 40 ft.
|14 (+2)||18 (+4)||19 (+4)||18 (+4)||17 (+3)||21 (+5)|
Saving Throws Dex +7
Skills Deception +9
Damage Resistances cold, lightning
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 13
Languages Deep Speech, Unique
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
- Aberrant Biology: A denizen of Leng does not need to breathe.
- Regeneration: At the start of its turn, a denizen of Leng recovers 5 lost hit points. This ability fails to function only if the creature is utterly cut off from Leng; e.g., if its ability to Plane shift is negated. If a denizen of Leng is reduced to 0 hit points while it is still capable of regenerating, its body dissipates into vapor in 1d4 rounds, leaving only its clothing and equipment behind, and it returns to life on Leng.
- Sneak Attack: Once per turn, a denizen of Leng can do an extra 4d6 damage with a claw or bite attack if the denizen has advantage on the attack or if one of its allies is within 5 feet of the target.
- Innate Spellcasting: A denizen of Leng can use the following spell-like abilities, using Charisma as its casting ability (DC 16, attack +8). A denizen of Leng doesn’t need material components to use these abilities.
- Constant: tongues
- 3/day each: detect thoughts, hypnotic pattern, levitate, minor image
- 1/day each: locate object, plane shift (self only)
- Magic Resistance: The solar has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack: A denizen of Leng bites once and attacks once with claws.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) piercing damage and the target must make a successful DC 15 Con saving throw or immediately gain one level of exhaustion.
- Claws: Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) slashing damage.
Denizens of Leng are remote, alien, and inscrutable, much like their distant, well- hidden home realm. Scholars argue endlessly over whether Leng is a physical realm like other planes— secreted among the Outer Planes, according to some—or a more ephemeral dimension of dreams and shadows. What is known for certain is that its native inhabitants can travel freely among the planes, both individually using an innate power and also aboard great black-sailed ships. They venture out in search of exotic slaves, magic items, and gems, for which they have an insatiable greed. Gems always make up the greatest portion of their treasure. It is also known that the denizens of Leng are involved in an ages-old war against the monstrous, intelligent spiders that infest their homeland.
Travelers from Leng always go abroad in voluminous robes and head-wrappings similar to those of desert people, to disguise their true origin. In their disguises, they can readily pass as elves or short humans. Stripped of their robes and hoods, they reveal horned brows, clawed fingers, mouths ringed by tentacles, and cloven, double- jointed legs like a goat’s.
Fifth Edition Foes, Copyright 2014, Frog God Games, LLC.