Large aberration, neutral
Unholy flames spread from the hooves, eyes, mane, and tail of this ebony stallion, flickering with an almost palpable evil and sense of dread.
Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 75 (10d10 +20)
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
|22 (+1)||16 (+3)||15 (+2)||2 (–4)||13 (+1)||7 (–2)|
Damage Vulnerabilities cold
Damage Immunities fire
Condition Immunities exhaustion
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 11
Languages Rufidiers understand Infernal or Dwarven, but can’t speak.
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Explosive Hump. When the rufidier dies and could currently make a flame gout attack, it may do so as a reaction. If it does, the explosion is more potent, dealing 21 (6d6) fire damage. Creatures succeeding a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw take half damage instead.
- Lava Strider. The rufidier can freely move over and through magma and lava and does not treat it as difficult terrain.
- Reinforced Skeleton. The rufidier was created as a draft animal and its body lends itself well to carrying or dragging heavy objects. For purposes of determining carrying capacity, a rufidier is treated as though its Strength score was 20.
- Multiattack. The rufidier makes two hoof attacks. Provided it has one available, it can instead fire a flame gout.
- Hoof. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 +3) fire damage.
- Flame Gout (Recharge 6). The rufidier can emit a burst of fire in a 10-foot radius, dealing 10 (3d6) fire damage. Creatures succeeding a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw take half damage instead.
There are many ways the gitwerc twist and transform the souls of creatures that aren’t sent down into Hel. Each is a fate perhaps worse than what awaits below. One of the most common horrors wrought from the devil dwarves’ foul practices are rufidier, humanoids stretched and reformed into fiery quadrupeds owned by gitwerc nobles and other elite members of their despicable society. Where on the surface you might find a prized steed or prestigious equine, in the lava-filled caverns of the gitwerc there are rufidier dragging barges across the molten rock, hauling materials up subterranean cliffsides, and serving as mounts for fierce warriors.
Rufidier stand 6 to 7 feet tall at the shoulder and weigh between 1200 and 1400 pounds.
Underworld Races and Classes © 2017 AAW Games LLC; Designers: Thilo Graf and Mike Myler