Gargantuan beast, unaligned
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 297 (18d20+108)
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
|30 (+10)||14 (+2)||22 (+6)||2 (-4)||12 (+1)||7 (-2)|
- Kaiju Killer. Against creatures of Huge or larger size, the ape gains advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks. Creatures with the kaiju or titan tag can never gain advantage against the ape while it is not incapacitated, and the ape gains advantage on all saving throws against such creatures.
- Maim. If the ape hits with two fist attacks agaisnt the same target on its turn, the target must make a DC 23 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the target gains one level of exhaustion.
- Multiattack. The ape makes two fist attacks.
- Fist. Melee Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target. Hit: 32 (4d10 + 10) bludgeoning damage, and a target of Large or smaller size is grappled (escape DC 25). The ape has two fists, each of which can grapple one target.
- Rock. Ranged Weapon Attack: +15 to hit, range 100/200 ft., one target. Hit: 38 (8d6 + 10) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 23 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Fling. One Large or smaller object held or creature grappled by the ape is thrown up to 60 feet in a random direction and knocked prone. If a thrown target strikes a solid surface, the target takes 3 (1d6) bludgeoning damage for every 10 feet it was thrown. If the target is thrown at another creature, that creature must succeed on a DC 23 Dexterity saving throw or take the same damage and be knocked prone.
- Hurl. The ape throws a rock at a 15-foot square within 100 feet that it can see. Any creatures in the target squares must make a DC 23 Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 21 (6d6) bludgeoning damage, and if Huge are smaller are also knocked prone. A successful save halves damage and avoids being knocked prone. If the attack misses, the rock lands 1d6 squares away in a random direction. Wherever the rock lands, the area of effect becomes difficult terrain.
Sharp teeth fill this enormous ape’s mouth, and its long, muscular arms stretch to the ground, ending in wickedly curved claws. These immense apes are vastly more dangerous than their smaller kin. They are highly territorial, attacking anything that intrudes on its territory. It does not break off its attack until the trespassers flee, though it retains a special enmity for kaiju and other colossal creatures. Such oversized enemies constitute a threat and a challenge to the ape’s dominance and must be driven out. Colossal apes sometimes bellow, roar, and rage before attacking if trying to drive enemies away, but if they sense real danger they leap to attack without warning or provocation. If a colossal ape is stymied by a heavily armored foe, it attempts to grapple its foe.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.