Small beast, unaligned
Armor Class 12
Hit Points 3 (1d6)
Speed 5 ft., swim 30 ft.
|4 (-3)||15 (+2)||11 (+0)||3 (-4)||10 (+0)||4 (-3)|
- Hold Breath: While out of water, the octopus can hold its breath for 30 minutes.
- Underwater Camouflage: The octopus has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made while underwater.
- Water Breathing: The octopus can breathe only underwater.
- Tentacles: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 bludgeoning damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 10). Until this grapple ends, the octopus can’t use its tentacles on another target.
- Ink Cloud (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest): A 5- foot-radius cloud of ink extends all around the octopus if it is underwater. The area is heavily obscured for 1 minute, although a significant current can disperse the ink. After releasing the ink, the octopus can use the Dash action as a bonus action.
Eight tentacles, each adorned with rows of countless suckers, unfurl from the barrel-shaped body of this large-eyed creature.