Large Beast, unaligned
Armor Class: 15
Hit Points 10 (2d8+2)
Speed: 40 ft.
|16 (+3)||10 (+0)||15 (+2)||2 (-4)||10 (+0)||6 (-2)|
Senses: passive Perception 10
Challenge: 1/2 (50 XP)
- Stampede: A frightened herd of cattle flees as a group in a random direction (but always away from the perceived source of danger). They literally run over anything of medium size or smaller that gets in their way, dealing 6 points of damage for every five cattle in the herd (Dexterity save DC 17 half).
- Trample: When a bull attempts to overrun an opponent. If the bull knocks the target down, it may immediately make two hoof attacks against him or her, gaining the standard +4 bonus to attack rolls against prone targets.
- Rage: When injured, a bull must make a Constitution Save whose DC is equal to 10 plus the damage it took. If it fails, the bull flies into a rage. The bull gains phenomenal strength and durability, but becomes reckless and less able to defend itself. The bull temporarily gains +3 to hit and damage, +10 temporary hit points, and a +2 morale bonus to Wisdom Saves, but suffers a –2 penalty to AC.
- Gore. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d4+3) piercing damage.
- Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one prone target. Hit: 8 (1d6+4) bashing.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6+4) bashing damage.
Bulls are adult, male cattle. The most exciting bulls are probably those which form the centerpiece of bullfighting, but almost any bull poses a potentially deadly challenge if driven into a rage.
Familiars & Companions, Copyright 2017, Troll Lord Games; Author Casey Christofferson, Justin Bacon, Tommy Ruteledge, Josh Hubbel, Lance Hawvermile, Luke Johnson, Stephen Vogel and Dave Zenz.