Medium celestial, neutral good
Armor Class 20 (natural armor)
Hit Points 171(18d8+90)
Speed 10 ft., swim 80 ft.
|24 (+7)||19 (+4)||20 (+5)||14 (+2)||18 (+4)||17 (+3)|
Skills Animal Handling +7, Arcana +7, Insight +9, Nature +7, Perception +14, Persuasion +8, Stealth +9
Damage Resistances thunder; Non-magical bludgeoning, piercing and slashing attacks that aren’t silver or adamantine
Damage Immunities cold, lightning
Condition Immunities petrified, poisoned
Senses blindsight 60 ft, darkvision 60 ft; passive Perception 24
Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal
Challenge 14 (11,500 XP)
- Innate Spellcasting: The agathion’s innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 17). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Constant: speak with animals, tongues
- At will: detect thoughts, light, lightning bolt, hold monster, message, teleport
- 5/day each: cure wounds (4d8), protection from poison
- 3/day each: cone of cold, greater restoration, heal
- 1/day each: awaken, conjure elemental (up to challenge 8 water elemental)</li
- Protective Aura: The cetaceal is surrounded by a 20′ radius aura which acts as magic circle (fiends) and globe of invulnerability.
- Shocking Burst Shortspear +1: Melee Weapon Attack: +13 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (1d6 + 8) piercing damage plue 3 (1d6) lightning damage.
- Tail Slap: Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d6 + 7) piercing damage. A creature hit must also succeed on a DC 20 Strength saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is pushed 30 feet away from the agathion and stunned for one round.
- Shockwave (Recharge 6): The cetaceal may unleash a 100′ radius burst of energy. Creatures within suffer 10d6 cold and 10d6 electricity damage. A DC 18 Constitution save halves the damage.
- Healing Touch (3/Day): The agathion touches another creature. The target magically regains 4d8 hit points and is freed from any curse, disease, poison, blindness, or deafness.
This mermaid-like creature has the torso and head of a long-haired woman and the lower half of a sleek killer whale.
Cetaceals are great water-dwelling agathions who swim the planar seas and commune with the creatures of the deeps. Rarely seen by landwalkers, they defend the waters against aquatic evils such as aboleths. Their spirits usually were those of great mortal leaders of aquatic or coastal tribes, or good folk who died underwater serving some great cause, reborn in a celestial form that is part humanoid, part orca. They are social beings and develop close friendships with other celestials and marine creatures.
A cetaceal is 8 feet long and weighs 400 pounds, although some grow quite a bit larger than that.
5e Fiendopedia: Nirvana’s Agathions. Copyright 2015 Inkwell Ideas, Inc.