Large celestial, neutral good
Armor Class 20 (natural)
Hit Points 207 (18d10+108)
Speed 40 ft., fly 120 ft.
|26 (+8)||15 (+2)||23 (+6)||21 (+5)||24 (+7)||22 (+6)|
Skills Acrobatics +8, Animal Handling +13, Arcana +11, Deception +12, Insight +19, Intimidate +12, Nature +11, Perception +19, Persuasion +12, Religion +11, Stealth +8
Damage Resistances cold, thunder; non-magical bludgeoning, piercing and slashing attacks that aren’t silver or adamantine
Damage Immunities lightning, one energy type based on color (see Draconal Colors).
Condition Immunities petrified, poisoned
Senses blindsight 60 ft. darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 29
Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal
Challenge 19 (22,000 XP)
- Innate Spellcasting: The agathion’s innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 19). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Constant: speak with animals, tongues
- At will: command, detect thoughts, light, lightning bolt, hold monster, message, polymorph (self, animal only, within 1 size class), teleport
- 7/day each: cure wounds (3d8), protection from poison, greater restoration
- 3/day each: control water, control weather, heal, plane shift
- Protective Aura: The draconal is surrounded by a 20′ radius aura which acts as magic circle (fiends) and globe of invulnerability.
- Spellcasting: The draconal is a 17th-level cleric. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 23, +13 to hit with spell attacks). The draconal has the following wizard spells prepared:
- 0th: guidance, light, mending, resistance spare the dying
- 1st: bless, command, cure wounds, identify, protection from evil and good, sanctuary
- 2nd: calm emotions, lesser restoration, silence
- 3rd: augury, dispel magic, remove curse, suggestion, water walk
- 4th: banishment, divination, locate creature
- 5th: dispel evil, flame strike, nondetection, speak with dead
- 6th: true seeing
- 7th: arcane eye, confusion, symbol
- 8th: earthquake
- 9th: gate, legend lore, scrying
- Multiattack: A draconal may attack with its bite and two claws.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d6 + 8) piercing damage plus 3 (1d6) energy damage.
- Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d8 + 8) slashing damage plus 3 (1d6) energy damage.
- Breath Weapon (Recharge 5-6) The draconal exhales energy (see Draconal Colors below for type) in a 60-foot line that is 5 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw, taking 20d6 energy damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Healing Touch (3/Day): The agathion touches another creature. The target magically regains 10d8 hit points and is freed from any curse, disease, poison, blindness, or deafness.
This noble creature seems to be part serpent, part humanoid, and part dragon, with great wings and a crown of horns.
A draconal’s coloration represents mystical elements relating to energy, life, and the natural world. These colors are normally chromatic rather than metallic, and an ignorant person seeing a draconal’s colors may mistake her for an evil half-dragon. However, some draconals have metallic or gem-like coloration; for example, a yellow draconal may appear mustard yellow or metallic gold, while a white draconal may be chalk white, pearlescent white, or metallic silver. Draconals can change their coloration after a lengthy period of meditation, but normally only do this in response to some horrible evil that requires their direct intervention. This change affects the draconals’ personality, and may alter their physical shape or apparent gender.
Black: Black is a balance between male and female energy, and represents the sky, stars, immortality, and leadership. Black draconals are immune to fire damage, and their breath weapon is fire. A black draconal adds Knowledge to its domains.
Green: Green is slightly skewed toward masculinity. It represents wood, plants, and flowers. Green draconals are immune to cold damage, and their breath weapon is cold. A green draconal adds Nature to its domains.
Red: Red is a strongly masculine color, and most red draconals are male or have aggressive or gregarious personalities. Red represents fire, light, and warding against bad luck. Red draconals are immune to fire damage, and their breath weapon is fire. A red draconal adds Light to its domains.
White: White is slightly skewed toward femininity, and most white draconals are female or have protective or serene personalities. White represents brightness, fulfillment, metal, mourning, and purity. White draconals are immune to cold damage, and their breath weapon is cold. A white draconal adds Life domains.
Yellow: Like black, yellow is a balance between male and female energy. Yellow represents earth, oracles, stone, and luck. Yellow draconals are immune to acid, and their breath weapon is acid. A yellow draconal adds Tempest to its domains.
Draconals are mighty agathion lords, few in number and greatly removed from mortal affairs. They watch over powerful magic and are direct agents of the gods and the needs of the good planes. Patient and ageless, they plan for the long term, which often frustrates mortal creatures who seek to gain their assistance with a threat in the here and now. A draconal would rather support or enhance a group of heroes than tackle a problem directly, maintaining its focus on planar matters.
Draconals are attuned to nature and believe in cycles of life and death. Though they are good, they understand that the presence of evil gives good creatures something to strive against, preventing stagnation and complacency. This means their outlook sometimes appears almost neutral, though they hate suffering and needless death.
5e Fiendopedia: Nirvana’s Agathions. Copyright 2015 Inkwell Ideas, Inc.