The stench of sweat and the distant sounds of heavy breathing engulf you — whatever it is, you are catching the merest glimpse of the whole. In the oily dark you can see sickly appendages gulping, a horrible sense of brooding vastness, and a glowering cluster of eyes filled with misery just below a vast, idiot, crooked mouth.
Unaligned Gargantuan construct
Armor Class 10
Hit Points 205 (10d20 + 100)
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft.
|30 (+10)||10 (+0)||30 (+10)||4 (-3)||4 (-3)||1 (-5)|
Languages Understands Common but can’t speak
Senses blindsense 60 ft.
Saving Throws. Damage Resistances cold damage; nonmagical, nonadamantine weapons
Damage Immunities necrotic, poison, psychic
Condition Immunities charm, disease, fright, paralysis, poison, prone, stun, unconsciousness
Challenge 12 (8,400 XP)
- Multiattack. The fleshgine bites once and makes three tentacle attacks in any combination.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 1d10 + 10 piercing damage.
- Tentacle Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit (reach 20 ft.; one creature). Hit: 4d6 + 10 bludgeoning damage.
- Tentacle Grab. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit (reach 15 ft.; one creature). Hit: creature is grappled (escape DC 20).
- Tentacle Crush. Melee Weapon Attack: automatic hit (one creature already grappled by the fleshgine). Hit: 4d10 + 10 bludgeoning damage and the creature is restrained.
- Berserk. Every time the fleshgine is injured in combat, roll d100. If the result is less than or equal to the total number of hit points the fleshgine has lost so far in this combat, its elemental spirit breaks free and the fleshgine goes berserk. The berserk fleshgine attacks the nearest living creature; if no creature is close enough to attack with a single move, it attacks an object instead. The fleshgine’s controller can try to reestablish control, provided the fleshgine is within 60 feet. The controller must use an action to speak firmly and authoritatively to the construct and make a successful DC 15 Charisma check. A damaged fleshgine that spends at least 1 minute outside combat has its chance to go berserk reset to 0 percent.
The Tome of Blighted Horrors, © 2016, Frog God Games, LLC; Authors John Ling, Authors Richard Pett, Pete Pollard, Alistair Rigg, Jeffrey Swank, and Greg A. Vaughan.
Additional Credit Author Richard Pett.