The head, arms, and torso of this massive figure are composed of metal plates surrounding a core of glowing energy. The whole resembles a vaguely humanoid figure with two metal rings inscribed with glowing runes encircling its fists.
Large construct, neutral
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 114 (12d10 + 48)
Speed 0 ft., fly 60 ft. (hover)
|20 (+5)||10 (+0)||18 (+4)||8 (–1)||13 (+1)||10 (+0)|
Saving Throws Strength +8, Wisdom +4
Skills Athletics +8, Perception +4
Damage Resistances cold, fire, lightning; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, stunned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages understands the language of its creator but can’t speak
Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)
- Construct Nature. A ring servant doesn’t require air, food, drink, or sleep.
- Immutable Form. The ring servant is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.
- Magic Weapons. The ring servant’s slam attacks are magical.
- Multiattack. The ring servant makes two slam attacks.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 18 (3d8 + 5) bludgeoning damage. The target must succeed on a DC 16 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Ring of Destruction (Recharge 5–6). The ring servant discharges a spinning ring of magical energy. Each creature within 20 feet of the servant must make a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw, taking 45 (10d8) force damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Ring servants are mighty constructs created by ring magic. Though large in stature, they are deceptively light due to their form being composed of energy. A ring servant stands 10 feet tall and weighs 300 pounds.
Fleeting Form. Ring servants are temporary beings, brought into existence by transmuting two simple metal rings into the weapons that surmount the creature’s fists. These rings serve as the catalyst that generates the rest of the creature’s form. Ring servants aren’t mindless.
They understand the fleeting span of their existence and don’t rebel against it. Exceptions exists, where powerful ring wardens work tirelessly to imbue a ring servant with permanent existence. Such an enduring transformation is rare, however, and the resulting creature may have difficulty coming to terms with lingering in the world.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.