The source of the bone-rattling crack of thunder reveals itself to be a three-headed dragon with black and gold scales, a long serpent-like body, and immense black wings.
Huge dragon, chaotic evil
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 157 (15d12 + 60)
Speed 40 ft., fly 80 ft.
|21 (+5)||14 (+2)||19 (+4)||14 (+2)||13 (+1)||17 (+3)|
Saving Throws Dexterity +7, Constitution +9, Wisdom +6, Charisma +8
Skills Perception +11, Stealth +7
Damage Resistances cold; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks not made with silver
Damage Immunities lightning
Senses blindsight 60 ft., darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 21
Languages Common, Draconic, Infernal
Challenge 14 (11,500 XP)
- Legendary Resistance (3/day). If Azi Dahaka fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
- Magic Resistance. Azi Dahaka has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiple Heads. Azi Dahaka’s three heads grant it advantage on saving throws against being blinded, charmed, deafened, frightened, stunned, and knocked unconscious.
- Reactive Heads. Azi Dahaka gets two extra reactions that can be used only for opportunity attacks.
- Vermin Blood. A creature that hits Azi Dahaka with a melee attack while within 5 feet takes 4 (1d8) piercing damage and 4 (1d8) poison damage as the dragon’s blood becomes biting and stinging vermin.
- Multiattack. Azi Dahaka makes three bite attacks and two claw attacks.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d10 + 5) piercing damage Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) slashing damage.
- Azi Dahaka Storm Breath (Recharge 5–6). Azi Dahaka exhales a blast of wind and lightning in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 18 Dexterity saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 22 (4d10) bludgeoning damage and 18 (4d8) lightning damage, is pushed 25 feet away from Azi Dahaka, and is knocked prone. On a success, a target takes half the bludgeoning and lightning damage and is pushed, but isn’t knocked prone. All nonmagical flames in the cone are extinguished.
Azi Dahaka can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Azi Dahaka regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
- Control Weather. Azi Dahaka can alter the weather in a 5-mile radius centered on itself. The effect is identical to the control weather spell, except the casting time and effects are immediate.
- Call Lightning (Cost 2 Actions). A bolt of lightning flashes down from the clouds to a point Azi Dahaka can see within 100 feet of it. Each creature within 5 feet of that point must make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw, taking 16 (3d10) lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions). Azi Dahaka beats its wings. Each creature within 10 feet of the dragon must succeed on a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw or take 12 (2d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. Azi Dahaka can then fly up to half its flying speed.
Demonic Avatar. Azi Dahaka is the product of a union between a storm demon and a dragon. Scholars speculate that it may, in fact, be an avatar of an immortal demon of deceit and killing the mortal form is not enough to end the threat; the avatar will only return.
Sire of Storm and Swarm. Azi Dahaka takes delight in bringing down howling winds to cause misery and, when injured, its blood becomes rats, snakes, and stinging insects.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.