Huge dragon, chaotic evil
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 253 (22d12 + 110)
Speed 40 ft., fly 80 ft.
|21 (+5)||18 (+4)||20 (+5)||23 (+6)||18 (+4)||16 (+3)|
- Innate Spellcasting. The dream dragon’s innate spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 19). The dream dragon can innately cast the following spells, requiring no components.
- Magic Resistance. The dream dragon has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. The dream dragon’s attacks are magical.
- Multiattack. The dream dragon makes three attacks: two with its claws and one with its bite.
- Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 16 (2d10 + 5) piercing damage.
- Breath Weapon. The dream dragon breathes out a rainbow breath in a 90-ft. cone. This creates a hallucinatory terrain in which those affected must fight and defeat the dream dragon. If anyone in the area fails a DC 19 Wisdom saving throw, all targets in the 90-ft. cone enter the dream terrain. The only way to escape the dream terrain is to slay the dream dragon. Once the dream terrain is activated, the dream dragon chooses what form it takes. The dream dragon also is able to use an action to have an element from the terrain strike out and attack one target, the target must succeed on DC 19 Dexterity saving throw or take 60 (11d10) bludgeoning damage. The hallucinatory terrain is only destroyed if the dream dragon is defeated.
Without warning, a rainbow-colored dragon emerges from the depths of the forest. The dream dragon is one of the rarest of all dragons. Highly intelligent, it uses its unique breath weapon to ensnare victims.
Bewildering Terrain. The breath of the dream dragon creates a magical terrain where the winged monster will face down its opponents. If one member of the party is drawn inside, all the heroes are sent into the dream terrain. Disturbingly, the dragon has some control over the terrain and can use it to attack its enemies. The only way to escape is to defeat the evil wyrm in combat.
Hefty Hoarders. Dream dragons are known to collect a huge amount of treasure. They usually hide their hoard in a cavern at the center of their territory. Goblins and ogres are often enslaved to guard these hoards.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood