Small dragon, chaotic neutral
Armor Class 13
Hit Points 90 (20d4 + 40)
Speed 10 ft., fly 30 ft., swim 60 ft.
|11 (+0)||14 (+2)||14 (+2)||9 (-1)||15 (+2)||14 (+2)|
- Innate Spellcasting. The dragon’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 12). It can innately cast a number of spells, requiring no material components.
- Multiattack. Pontus makes two attacks: one with its bite and one with its claws.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (3d4 + 2) slashing damage.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (4d4 + 2) piercing damage. The target is also grappled (escape DC 13). If the target is Small or smaller, it is also restrained until this grapple ends. While grappling the target, Pontus has advantage on attack rolls against it and can ‘t use this attack against other targets. When Pontus moves, any Small or smaller target it is grappling moves with it.
- Fire Breath (Recharge 5-6). The dragon exhales fire in a 5-foot line. Each creature in that area must make a DC13 Dexterity saving throw, taking 10 (3d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
This shaman has an uneasy relationship with the spirits of the waves, who he frequently believes are playing jokes at its expense.
He is always wary that its fortunes may turn at any time. The most important thing to him is the safety of its sister, whose adventuresome spirit and love of piracy far outstrips its common sense. Its animal companion, the tidepool dragon Pontus, is greedy and pretentious, and fond of using large words he doesn’t understand. The little dragon demands tribute at every opportunity, lest the curse of the sea fall upon those who would deny him. While the shaman does not fall for its antics, others of a more superstitious nature sometimes toss a gold or two Pontus’ way.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.