The Fountain of Misdeeds is an Overseer of the Vigilant Council tasked with determining whether the actions of an individual are considered good within the eyes of the Council.
The Fountain of Misdeeds is known to sink ships to judge sailors who cross the sea, delivering those he deems worthy to safety, and condemning the unworthy to the Trenchant Vaults. The Throne of the Deeps resides in a bubble of living glass, a castle beneath the waves.
Large elemental, true neutral
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 297 (22d10 + 176)
Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft., swim 90 ft.
|22 (+6)||12 (+1)||26 (+8)||18 (+4)||18 (+4)||18 (+4)|
Saving Throws Dexterity +6, Wisdom +9, Charisma +9
Damage Resistances acid, cold, lightning
Senses blindsight 30 ft., darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages Aquan, Common
Challenge 16 (15000 XP)
- Legendary Resistance (3/day) If the Fountain of Misdeeds fails a saving throw, he can choose to succeed instead.
- Amphibious. The Fountain of Misdeeds can breathe both air and water.
- Elemental Demise. If the Fountain of Misdeeds dies, his body disintegrates into a burst of bubbles, leaving behind only equipment he was wearing or carrying.
- Fluid. When moving, the Fountain of Misdeeds may turn some or all of his body into bubbles. While in this form, he can move through nonmagical water without disturbing it. Movement made while he is bubbles does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Upon completing his movement, the Fountain of Misdeeds returns to his normal form. If he is in the air when this occurs, he can hover without falling.
- Torrent. If the Fountain of Misdeeds has any Legendary Actions remaining at the start of his turn after his first, attacks he makes during this turn may target an additional creature that is adjacent to the first target, and they deal an additional 2d6 bludgeoning damage.
- Innate Spellcasting. The Fountain of Misdeed’s spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 17). The Fountain of Misdeeds can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components: At will: create or destroy water, detect evil and good, detect magic, fog cloud, purify food and drink 3/day each: tongues, water breathing, water walk 1/day each: conjure elemental (water elemental only), control water, gaseous form, invisibility, plane shift.
- Multiattack. The Fountain of Misdeeds makes two gavel attacks or uses his Water Burst ability twice.
- Gavel. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 20 (4d6+6) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a Huge or smaller creature, it must succeed on a DC 17 Wisdom saving throw or become charmed until the end of its next turn.
- Water Burst. Ranged Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, range 60/120 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d8+6) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a Huge or smaller creature, it must succeed on a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw or suffer disadvantage on its next attack roll before the end of its next turn.
- Geyser. The Fountain of Misdeeds targets a creature. That creature and all creatures within 5 ft. must succeed on a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw or suffer 2d6 cold damage, be tossed 4d10 feet in the air, and become drenched until the end of their next turn.
The Fountain of Misdeeds regains spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.
- Attack. The Fountain of Misdeeds makes one gavel attack or one water burst attack.
- Whirlpool. The Fountain of Misdeeds moves up to his speed, and one creature within 30 ft. of him must make a DC 17 Strength saving throw or be pulled 20 ft. toward the Fountain of Misdeeds.
- Drown (Costs 2 Actions). A creature that is drenched must succeed on a DC 17 Constitution saving throw or become paralyzed and instantly run out of breath. A drowning target may make a new saving throw at the end of each of their turns.
When fighting inside his lair, the Fountain of Misdeeds can invoke the magic of his home to take lair actions. On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), The Fountain of Misdeeds takes a lair action to cause one of the following effects:.
- The Fountain of Misdeeds can summon roiling mist to completely engulf a 120- foot radius area. The area becomes heavily obscured and extremely slippery, causing the area to become difficult terrain.
- The Fountain of Misdeeds can call forth the latent siren songs imbued in the Throne of the Deep. The Fountain of Misdeeds may cast a DC 17 confuse. He cannot use this lair action again until he has used a different one.
- The Fountain of Misdeeds causes water jets to erupt in up to 5 locations within 60 ft. of each other. Each water jet fires in a 60 ft. line that is 5 feet wide. Each creature in the line must make a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 14 (4d6) bludgeoning damage and, if it is Huge or smaller, is pushed 20 feet away from the source of the jet and knocked prone. On a success, a target takes half the bludgeoning damage, but is neither pushed nor knocked prone. The Fountain of Misdeeds cannot use this lair action again until he has used a different one.
Throne of the Deep
The Fountain of Misdeeds passes judgment from his Throne of the Deep, nestled within an ever-changing bubble of living glass. The glass creates new buildings, passageways, and mazes at a whim, sometimes sealing off entire sections of the dwelling and allowing water to flood into others. Sirens aid in the creation of the Throne of the Deep and imbue it with their song.
Genies for Fifth Edition 1.0 published by Tribality.com (Innovaworks Inc.); Copyright 2016 Colin McLaughlin.