A floating figure made of crackling energy vibrates and shifts at an alarming rate. While the size of the creature is fixed, its form never seems to settle into a single shape.
Medium elemental, neutral
Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 22 (5d8)
Speed 0 ft., fly 40 ft. (hover)
|12 (+1)||14 (+2)||11 (+0)||6 (–2)||10 (+0)||6 (–2)|
Damage Immunities lightning, thunder
Condition Immunities exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
- Elemental Nature. A storm spirit doesn’t require air, food, drink, or sleep.
- Storm Form. The spirit can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing. A creature that touches the spirit or hits it with a melee attack while within 5 feet of it takes 2 (1d4) lightning and 2 (1d4) thunder damage. In addition, the spirit can enter a hostile creature’s space and stop there. The first time it enters a creature’s space on a turn, that creature takes 2 (1d4) lightning and 2 (1d4) thunder damage. Any creature which ends its turn in the same space as the spirit takes 2 (1d4) lightning and 2 (1d4) thunder damage at the end of its turn.
- Thunder Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) thunder damage.
- Shocking Bolt. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 60/240 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) lightning damage.
- Tempest (Recharge 6). Each creature within 10 feet of the spirit must succeed on a DC 12 Dexterity saving throw. On a failure, a creature takes 5 (2d4) lightning damage, 5 (2d4) thunder damage, is thrown 10 feet in a random direction, and is knocked prone.
Storm spirits are primal guardians created from elemental energy. They are the manifested rage of nature come to destroy those who pollute and corrupt the land. As formless beings made of lightning and thunder, they serve a wide variety of masters, including storm lords, elven enchanters, and druids.
Called by Druids. Druids can tap into the wrathful side of nature by performing a ritual to summon a group of storm spirits when they feel the laws of nature have been violated. These spirits feel an affinity for druids filled with righteous anger and serve until vengeance is done. The elementals can be called to aid in battles against undead, necromancy, pollution, harmful mining operations, and any grave injustice committed against the natural world. When the spirits are summoned, the druids give them the name of a person who becomes the hated quarry of the storm spirits.
Cannot Be Stopped. Once a storm spirit has been given a quarry, it stops at nothing until that enemy or the elemental itself is destroyed. Druids must think carefully before summoning the storm spirit, for there is no way to call back the wrathful elemental once it has been given a target.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.