Many have heard the phrase “a perfect storm,” but the Untouched is its living, elemental expression: a gale beyond all others, sentient and malicious. Only a keen eye can distinguish the hate-filled face of the Untouched in the clouds and twisting winds.
Wandering Sentience. The Untouched is a bodiless sentience that wanders until it finds a storm brewing near something that it could destroy, such as ships or buildings. For its victims, the only warning is a wild, distant laughter they can barely hear. It possesses the clouds and descends, wreaking havoc until everything in the area is smashed to flinders or it loses interest.
Planar Outcast. The Untouched is an elemental and born of the Elemental Plane of Air, but the djinn and other powers of that plane despise the Untouched for its destruction of their glorious palaces. They attempted to turn its power against the Elemental Plane of Earth, but it was mighty enough that it shook off their control and escaped to the Material Plane.
Gargantuan elemental, neutral
Armor Class 21 (magical force)
Hit Points 627 (38d20 + 228)
Speed 40 ft., fly 120 ft. (hover)
|18 (+4)||29 (+9)||22 (+6)||8 (-1)||16 (+3)||18 (+4)|
Saving Throws Dexterity +17
Skills Deception +12, Insight +11, Perception +11, Stealth +17
Damage Resistances acid, fire, necrotic, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from weapons that are not magic
Damage Immunities cold, lightning, poison
Condition Immunities paralyzed, poisoned, prone, stunned, unconscious
Senses blindsight 100 ft., darkvision 600 ft., passive Perception 21
Languages Auran (can’t speak)
Challenge 27 (105,000 XP)
- Colossal Creature. Kaiju are creatures far larger than the scale of others. Conventional weapons, even highly-enchanted ones, lack the mass to deal serious wounds to a kaiju. The same is true for all but the mightiest spells. When a creature of Huge size or smaller deals damage to a kaiju with a weapon or feature, or with a spell of 8th level or lower, it deals half damage, which can be reduced further by resistance or saving throws. Siege weapons and creatures with the Siege Monster trait are treated like Gargantuan creatures. Gargantuan creatures and 9th-level spells (including lower-level spells cast with 9th-level slots) deal normal damage, which can be reduced further by resistance or saving throws. Kaiju deal double damage to objects and structures. They ignore normal difficult terrain, and treat thick forests, settlements, or mountains as difficult rather than impassable terrain.
- Air Form. The Untouched can enter a hostile creature’s space and stop there. It can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing.
- Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If That Which the Stars Rejected fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
- Magic Weapons. That Which the Stars Rejected’s weapon attacks are magical.
- Innate Spellcasting. The Untouched’s spellcasting ability is Charisma (+12 spell attack, spell save DC 20). The Untouched can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Multiattack. The Untouched makes four lightning lash attacks.
- Illuminating Flames. The Untouched shrouds the upper halves of any Small or larger creatures it can see within 30 feet in cold, buzzing flames. Lightning resistance or immunity blocks this effect if the creature is unwilling. This effect persists until the Untouched is out of range. Illuminated flames cause a faerie fire effect, and the Untouched can communicate empathically with affected creatures. While communicating in this way, the Untouched can grant the target the effect of a divination spell.
- Lightning Lash. Melee Weapon Attack: +17 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (4d6) lightning damage and the target must succeed on a DC 20 Constitution saving throw or be stunned until the end of its next turn.
- Lightning Strike. One creature within 1,000 feet must succeed on a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw or suffer 70 (20d6) lightning damage and be stunned until the end of its next turn. On a successful save, the creature takes half damage and is not stunned.
The Untouched can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The Untouched regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
- Telekinetic Lash. Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target. Hit: the target is flung 90 feet upward, and up to 90 feet laterally. The target suffers 9d6 bludgeoning damage if it strikes an object on its way up. It then falls back downward, suffering damage if appropriate. A creature in the Untouched’s space is automatically hit by this attack.
- Recover. The Untouched regains 100 hit points. Once it uses this action, it cannot do so again until the end of its next turn.
- Storm Form (Costs 2 Actions). The Untouched makes a lightning lash attack against each enemy in its space.
Kaiju Codex. © copyright 2015 Steven D. Russell; Authors Elaine Betts and Justin P. Sluder