Medium fey, neutral
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 78 (12d8 + 24)
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||18 (+4)||15 (+2)||14 (+2)||15 (+2)||20 (+5)|
Skills Deception +8, Perception +5, Stealth +7
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15
Languages Common, Elvish, Umbral
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
- Glamour Veil. As an action, a fatespinner can can assume the appearance of any Medium humanoid. The illusion is nearly perfect, and even fools the sense of touch. A creature inspecting a fatespinner can make a DC 16 Intelligence (Investigation) check as an action. On a success, the creature can see through the illusion to glimpse a fatespinner’s hazy true form. The illusion fades if the fatespinner falls unconscious or dies.
- Spider Climb. A fatespinner can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
- Touch of Fate. A fatespinner has advantage on all saving throws.
- Web Sense. While in contact with a web, a fatespinner knows the exact location of any other creature in contact with the same web.
- Web Walker. A fatespinner ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.
- Multiattack. A fatespinner makes three bite attacks and two claw attacks. If it’s web ability (action) is available, it can make one web attack in place of a bite.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) piercing damage plus 10 (3d6) poison damage. The creature must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) slashing damage.
- Web (Recharge 5–6). Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 30/60 ft., one Large or smaller creature. Hit: The creature is restrained by webbing. As an action, the restrained creature can make a DC 13 Strength check, escaping from the webbing on a success. The effect also ends if the webbing is destroyed. The webbing has AC 10, 5 hit points, vulnerability to fire damage, and immunity to bludgeoning, poison, and psychic damage.
Courts of the Shadow Fey © 2019 Open Design LLC; Authors: Wolfgang Baur & Dan Dillon.