Medium fey, neutral evil
Armor Class 18 (frost armor)
Hit Points 187 (22d8 + 88)
Speed 30 ft.
|19 (+4)||20 (+5)||18 (+4)||18 (+4)||12 (+1)||20 (+5)|
Saving Throws Dexterity +11, Intelligence +10, Charisma +11
Skills Intimidation +11, Stealth +11
Damage Immunities cold
Condition Immunities charmed
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 20
Languages Sylvan, Common
Challenge 17 (18,000 XP)
- Fey Step (Recharge 4-6). As a bonus action, the frost lord can teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space he can see.
- Innate Spellcasting. The frost lord’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 19, +11 to hit with spell attacks). The frost lord can innately cast the following sorcerer spells, requiring no components.
- Magic Resistance. The frost lord has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Wintery Movement. The frost lord can travel through icy and snowy terrain with no penalty for difficult terrain.
- Freezing Breath (Recharge 5-6). The frost lord exhales a cold wind in a 60-ft. cone. Each creature in that area must make a successful DC 19 Constitution saving throw, taking 54 (12d8) cold damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Leadership (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). For 1 minute, the frost lord can utter a special command or warning whenever a nonhostile creature that it can see within 30 feet of it makes an attack roll or saving throw. The creature can add d4 to its roll provided it can hear and understand the frost lord. A creature can benefit from only one Leadership die at a time. This effect ends if the frost lord is incapacitated.
- Frigid Rebuke. When the frost lord takes damage from a creature the frost lord can see within 30 feet of him, the frost lord can force that creature to succeed on a DC 19 Constitution saving throw or take 16 (3d10) cold damage.
The Frost Lord is the bitter son of the Snow Queen and brother to the ice princesses. His cold and distant mother has driven him further into the darkness of his own heart. All of his magic is contained in his ice wand.
Icy Mantle of Leadership. This dangerous arch fey serves the Snow Queen and the Winter Court. However, he is opposed to his mother’s plot to overthrow the Queen of Darkness. In fact, he is prepared to act as a spy for his mother’s rival.
Minions of Winter. A number of winter faeries and dark fey accompany the Frost Lord on his travels. Although, he spends most of his time in the Ice Palace.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood