Medium fey, chaotic evil
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 71 (11d8 + 22)
Speed 35 ft.
|12 (+1)||18 (+4)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||16 (+3)||8 (-1)|
- Dark Stalker. The sandman has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks in dim light or darkness.
- Magic Resistance. The sandman has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Shadow Step. While in dim light or darkness, the sandman can teleport as a bonus action up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space it can see that is also in dim light or darkness. It then has advantage on the first melee attack it makes before the end of the turn.
- Strangle. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (2d6 + 1) bludgeoning damage and the target must make a successful DC 14 Strength check or become grappled (escape DC 14).
- Magical Sand. The sandman uses an action to sprinkle magical sand. Unless the target makes a successful DC 14 Wisdom saving throw, they fall asleep and are unconscious for 1 hour. The effect ends if the creature takes damage or if someone takes an action to shake the creature awake. The target has terrible dreams during their next long rest. An ally can make a DC 14 Wisdom (Perception) check to notice the target is troubled. They can they then take an action to wake the target. If nobody wakes the target during their one- hour sleep, they take 7 (2d6) psychic damage.
The sandman is a lanky, golden fey who stalks his prey. He can put creatures to sleep and abduct them. This dark fey sprinkles magical sand on them to send them off to dreamland. The sandman usually carries a dozen bags of the magical sand in his leather pouches.
Stealthy Surprise. This stealthy fey tiptoes through the night looking for victims. He moves in almost complete silence in the darkness.
Kidnapper. The sandman can be hired as a kidnapper. Dark fey and other evil creatures have been known to enlist him.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood