Medium fey, chaotic neutral
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 104 (16d8 + 32)
Speed 30 ft.
|12 (+1)||18 (+4)||14 (+2)||15 (+2)||20 (+5)||22 (+6)|
- Fey Ancestry. The hatter has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put him to sleep.
- Innate Spellcasting. The hatter’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 16). The hatter can innately cast the following spells, requiring no components.
- Magic Resistance. The hatter has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack. The hatter makes two attacks with his hats.
- Throw Hat. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 20/60 ft., one target. On a hit, the hat lands on the target’s head. Each type of hat is different. The hatter has two of each hat in his bag.
- Spring Hat. The targeted creature must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or fall asleep and remain unconscious for 1 minute. The targeted creature awakens if it takes damage or another creature takes an action to wake it. It has no effect on constructs and undead.
- Summer Hat. The targeted creature must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or be charmed by the hatter for 1 hour, or until the hatter harms the creature.
- Fall Hat. The targeted creature must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or suffer the effects of a confusion spell.
- Winter Hat. The targeted creature must succeed on a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the target’s speed is halved for 1 minute. In addition, the creature can’t take reactions, and it can take either an action or a bonus action on its turn, not both. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
The hatter is a crazy, gregarious character who wanders the woods. He enjoys toying with others and revels in confusion and chaos. This unusual fey makes odd personal remarks, recites poems, and asks complicated riddles.
Wild Madman. There is no rhyme or reason to his actions, except maybe in his poetry. The hatter lives in the moment and enjoys it to the fullest. He is one of the wild fey and isn’t aligned with either of the courts.
Happy Host. The hatter enjoys hosting parties in the woods for his friends and newcomers to Feyland. In fact, he seems to always be hosting some kind of party.
Hat Attack. This strange fey wields no weapons but he can use his hats to attack. He has four kinds of magical hats that he can throw to create different effects. These hats magically appear in the hatter’s hand. The hats can be removed but the magic effect continues. The hatter has two of each kind in his bag.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood