Weaving through the air on sickly spotted wings is a beaked fiend, barbs sprouting from beneath its beastly arms to cover a kaleidoscope of iridescent insectile scales that end in a wicked two-pronged stinger.
Large fiend (devil), lawful evil
Armor Class 16 (natural)
Hit Points 84 (8d10+40)
Speed fly 50 ft. (hover)
|17 (+3)||17 (+3)||20 (+5)||16 (+3)||15 (+2)||18 (+4)|
Skills Arcana +6, Deception +7, Insight +5, Perception +5, Stealth +6
Damage Resistances acid, cold; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities fire, poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15
Languages Common, Infernal, telepathy 100 ft.
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)
- Devil’s Sight. Magical darkness doesn’t impede the bestiola’s darkvision.
- Innate Spellcasting. The bestiola devil’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). The bestiola devil can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Magic Resistance. The bestiola devil gains advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack. The bestiola devil makes two foul club and one stinger attack.
- Foul Club. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6+4) magical bludgeoning damage plus 7 (2d6) necrotic damage.
- Stinger. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d12+3) piercing damage. A target hit by this attack makes a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or gains the poisoned condition until the damage is healed.
These officers of Hell’s infantry command legions of lesser fiends, torture prisoners, and carry the potent secrets of their evil masters until an opportunity for profit or revenge reveals itself.
Book of True Evil. © 2018 Mike Myler, published under license by Legendary Games.