Medium fiend (devil), lawful evil
Armor Class 19 (skin from hell)
Hit Points 425 (50d8 + 200)
Speed 30 ft.
|20 (+5)||18 (+4)||18 (+4)||19 (+4)||15 (+2)||20 (+5)|
Saving Throws Constitution +8
Skills Deception +21
Damage Resistances cold; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that aren’t silvered
Damage Immunities fire, poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 12
Languages Common, Infernal, telepathy 120 ft.
Challenge 25 (75000 XP)
- Devil’s Sight: Magical darkness doesn’t impede the devil’s darkvision.
- Life Drain: Sword of the Dead adds +22 (4d12) necrotic damage. The target must succeed on a DC 21 Constitution saving throw or its hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the damage taken. This reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
- Legendary Resistance (3/day): If the Archduke of the Undead fails a saving throw, he can choose to succeed instead.
- Fear Aura: Any creature hostile to the Archduke of the Undead that starts its turn within 20 ft. of him must make a DC 21 Wisdom saving throw, unless the archdevil is incapacitated. On a failed save, the creature is frightened until the start of its next turn. If a creature’s saving throw is successful, the creature is immune to the archdevil’s fear aura for the next 24 hours.
- Multiattack: The Archduke of the Undead makes two melee attacks with the sword of the dead.
- Sword of the Dead: Melee Weapon Attack: +13 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d8+5) slashing damage, +22 (4d12) necrotic damage + life drain (see above).
The Archduke of the Undead appears as a striking male but always shrouded is swirling shadows. He’s been known to have been summoned by followers of Dozakad, Dozakad Chazda, and Toc.
The Archduke of the Undead can take three legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The archdevil regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
- Death-Spiral Gaze: The archdevil’s gaze emits an invisible, magical 180-ft. cone of negative energy. The archdevil decides which direction the cone is facing. All creatures in that area cannot regain hit points. Any humanoid who dies there becomes a zombie under the control of the Archduke of the Undead. The zombie goes at the start of the archdevil’s initiative.
- Summon Bone Devil (3/day): The Archduke of the Undead summons a bone devil up to 180-ft. away. If it appears next to an enemy, the bone devil can make an immediate attack. The bone devils go at the start of the archdevil’s initiative.
- Tired Now: A target within 60 ft. must make a DC 21 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 25 (4d10+3) points of damage and become exhausted. If the creature’s saving throw is successful, they lose 12 hit points.
- Necrotic Swirling Shadows (Costs 3 Actions): Each living creature within 20 ft. of the archdevil must make a DC 21 Constitution saving throw against this magic, taking 28 (6d8+1) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Gods and Icons, Copyright 2016, Dread Unicorn Games; Authors: John WS Marvin, Vanessa Rose Phin, Connor W. Marvin.