Large fiend (devil), lawful evil
Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
Hit Points 94 (9d10 + 45)
Speed 40 ft., fly 60 ft. (hover)
|21 (+5)||21 (+5)||20 (+5)||16 (+3)||15 (+2)||18 (+4)|
Saving Throws Strength +8, Dexterity +8, Constitution +8, Wisdom +5
Skills Perception +5
Damage Resistances cold; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical attacks that aren’t silvered
Damage Immunities fire, poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 15
Languages Celestial, Draconic, Elvish, Infernal, Sylvan, telepathy 120 ft.
Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)
- Devil’s Sight. Magical darkness doesn’t impede the devil’s darkvision.
- Innate Spellcasting. The devil’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 15). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Light Incorporeality. The devil is semi-incorporeal when standing in moonlight, and is immune to all nonmagical attacks in such conditions. It has resistance to all damage, including magical attacks, except force damage, and damage dealt by holy water.
- Lightwalking. Once per round, the lunar devil magically teleports, along with any equipment it is wearing or carrying, from one beam of moonlight to another within 80 feet. This relocation uses half of its speed.
- Magic Resistance. The devil has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack. The devil makes three attacks: one with its bite, one with its claws, and one with its tail. Alternatively, it can use Hurl Moonlight twice.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (1d12 + 5) piercing damage.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) slashing damage.
- Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d8 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
- Hurl Moonlight. Ranged Spell Attack: +7 to hit, range 150 ft., one target. Hit: 19 (3d12) cold damage and the target must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or become blinded for 4 rounds.
Courts of the Shadow Fey © 2019 Open Design LLC; Authors: Wolfgang Baur & Dan Dillon.