A lithe, red dragonborn wielding a curved cavalry saber and a sturdy steel shield emblazoned with its nation’s crest sits upon a cloth-draped warhorse.
Armor Class 14 (leather, shield)
Hit Points 39 (6d8 + 12)
Speed 30 ft.
|15 (+2)||12 (+1)||15 (+2)||8 (–1)||14 (+2)||9 (–1)|
- Infantry Slayer. While mounted, the dragonborn has advantage on melee weapon attacks against creatures that are Medium or smaller and are not mounted.
- Mounted Warrior. While mounted, the dragonborn’s mount can’t be charmed or frightened.
- Cavalry Saber. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) slashing damage.
- Shortbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, range 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) piercing damage.
- Fire Breath (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). The dragonborn breathes fire in a 15-foot cone. All creatures in that area must make a DC 12 Dexterity saving throw, taking 10 (3d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Mobile Infantry. Dragonborn light cavalry are used as scouts and as strike forces for dragonborn military units.
Mounted upon warhorses and wearing light armor, these warriors execute rapid, surgical strikes against their enemy’s infantry. When the need arises, these agile cavaliers are also used as ground-based scouts to support the army’s air-based wyvern knights.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.