Small humanoid (erina), neutral
Armor Class 15 (chain shirt)
Hit Points 44 (8d6 + 16)
Speed 20 ft., burrow 20 ft.
|11 (+0)||14 (+2)||14 (+2)||13 (+1)||12 (+1)||11 (+1)|
- Keen Smell. The erina has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
- Hardy. The erina has advantage on saving throws against poison.
- Spines. An enemy who hits the erina with a melee attack while within 5 feet of it takes 5 (2d4) piercing damage.
- Multiattack. The erina defender makes two attacks.
- Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.
- Shortbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.
- Protect. The erina imposes disadvantage on an attack roll made against an ally within 5 feet of the erina defender.
This small humanoid has a slightly pointed face with bright, brown eyes and a black, snout-like nose. Its skin is covered in short, tan fur, and its head, shoulders, and back have smoothed-down quills.
As the largest and hardiest of their kind, erina defenders take the defense of their home tunnels very seriously, and are quite suspicious of outsiders. Once an outsider proves himself a friend, they warm considerably, but until then defenders are quite spiky.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.