Hubrun is not the biggest creature you’ll meet, but is certainly the largest goblin you encounter. He is stronger, tougher, dumber, and more cowardly than any other goblin, too.
Champion of Goblinkind. Hubrun has no problem crushing most threats to goblinoids with his club or thrown rocks. His weak will makes it easy for goblin chieftains and priests to manipulate him into fighting for them. However, the rank-and-file goblins all but worship him.
Warped by Goblin Gods. Though the exact origins of Hubrun, the Big Goblin are unknown to goblinkind, he has been blessed with long life by goblin standards. The goblin gods made Hubrun, the Big Goblin out of a giant, to punish him for destroying their most sacred sacrifice pits and stealing their treasures. They addled his mind and reshaped his features to be goblin-like, so that he would come to serve them and learn of the ills that goblinkind suffer in the world.
Gargantuan humanoid (goblinoid), neutral evil
Armor Class 17 (studded leather armor)
Hit Points 174 (12d20 + 48)
Speed 50 ft., climb 40 ft.
|20 (+5)||14 (+2)||18 (+4)||7 (-2)||14 (+2)||5 (-3)|
Saving Throws Dexterity+5
Skills Athletics +8, Intimidation +0, Perception +5
Damage Resistances acid, cold, fire, lightning, necrotic, thunder
Senses darkvision 600 ft., passive Perception 12
Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)
- Lesser Kaiju. Lesser kaiju are larger than all but the greatest monsters adventurers face. Conventional weapons, even highly-enchanted ones, lack the mass to deal serious wounds to a kaiju. The same is true for all but the mightiest spells. When a creature of Large size or smaller deals damage to a lesser kaiju with a weapon or feature, or with a spell of 7th level or lower, its damage is halved, and can be reduced further by resistance or saving throws. Siege weapons and creatures with the Siege Monster trait are treated like Gargantuan creatures. Creatures of size Large and smaller can move through or occupy a kaiju’s space. Huge or larger creatures and 8th-level spells (including lower-level spells cast with 8th-level slots) deal normal damage, which can be reduced further by resistance or saving throws. Lesser kaiju deal double damage to objects and structures. They ignore normal difficult terrain.
- Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Hubrun, the Big Goblin fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead. It can’t use this feature if the effect imposes the frightened condition.
- Fearful. Hubrun, the Big Goblin has disadvantage on all saving throws against the frightened condition.
- Multiattack. Hubrun, the Big Goblin makes two greatclub attacks.
- Greatclub. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 23 (4d8 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
- Rock. Ranged Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, range 90/360 ft., one target. Hit: 27 (4d10 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
Hubrun, the Big Goblin can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Hubrun, the Big Goblin regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
- Greatclub. Hubrun makes one greatclub attack.
- Stomp (2 Actions). All creatures of Huge size or smaller that are in contact with the ground within 50 feet of Hubrun, the Big Goblin must succeed on a DC 16 Strength saving throw or fall prone.
Kaiju Codex. © copyright 2015 Steven D. Russell; Authors Elaine Betts and Justin P. Sluder