Pale-skinned and strong as an ox, the Black Sun orcs worship strength and violence and feast on the cracked bones of their enemies.
Armor Class 14 (hide armor)
Hit Points 65 (10d8 + 20)
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
|16 (+3)||14 (+2)||14 (+2)||9 (–1)||12 (+1)||8 (–1)|
- Aggressive. As a bonus action, the orc can move up to its speed toward a hostile creature that it can see.
- Black Sun Sight. Magical darkness doesn’t impede the Black Sun orc’s darkvision.
- Light Sensitivity. While in bright light, the orc has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
- Stone Camouflage. The orc has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide in rocky terrain.
- Multiattack. The orc makes two attacks with its greatclub or with its sling.
- Greatclub. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage.
- Sling. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) bludgeoning damage.
Hidden by the Earth. Black Sun orcs excel at concealing their deeds from those on the surface world, lying in wait at night to abduct victims from the roads or their homes in near complete silence. The orcs bundle off such unfortunates to the concealed caverns leading to their homes beneath the earth, where they hand the captives over to their priestesses for sacrifice.
Nocturnal Attacks. Black Sun orcs are strictly nocturnal, avoiding the eye of the sun in favor of raids under moonlight— and even these do not take place during the full moon.
Foes of Trolls and Goblins. Trolls, trollkin, and goblins find the fish-bellied coloration and peculiar speech of Black Sun orcs hilarious and mock them mercilessly. In most cases, this ends in a fight with one side or the other driven away.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.