The thick-skinned, staff-wielding trollkin shaman barks rough orders to her brutish bodyguards in their guttural language. The trollkin grunts level their spears and growl menacingly.
Medium humanoid (trollkin), neutral
Armor Class 14 (hide armor)
Hit Points 45 (6d8 + 18)
Speed 30 ft.
|18 (+4)||13 (+1)||16 (+3)||9 (–1)||11 (+0)||10 (+0)|
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Trollkin
Challenge 2 (450 XP)
- Regeneration. The trollkin grunt regains 3 hp at the start of its turn. If the shaman takes acid or fire damage, this trait doesn’t function at the start of the shaman’s next turn. The shaman dies only if it starts its turn with 0 hp and doesn’t regenerate.
- Thick Hide. The trollkin grunt’s skin is thick and tough, granting it a +1 bonus to Armor Class. This bonus is already factored into the trollkin’s AC.
- Multiattack. The trollkin grunt makes two attacks, either with its spear or its longbow.
- Spear. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, or 8 (1d8 + 4) piercing damage if used with two hands to make a melee attack.
- Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, range 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d8 + 1) piercing damage.
Guardians of the Lair. While the raiding bands of the trollkins pillage for their livelihood, trollkin grunts protect hearth and home, securing the base against other raiders.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.