Medium humanoid, evil or good
|14 (+2)||16 (+3)||16 (+3)||20 (+5)||18 (+4)||16 (+3)|
Saving Throws Charisma +8, Wisdom +9
Skills Arcana +9, Deception +8, Insight +9, Perception +9, Persuasion +8, Stealth +8
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 19
Languages Abyssal, Common, Infernal, Primordial, Sylvan
Challenge 14 (11,500 XP)
- Magic Resistance. The Witch Queen has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Spellcasting. The Witch Queen is an 18th level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). The Witch Queen can cast the following wizard spells.
- Cantrips: acid splash, light, poison spray, prestidigitation
- 1st level (4 slots): charm person, disguise self, hex, mage armor, witch bolt
- 2nd level (4 slots): darkness, detect thoughts, misty step, suggestion
- 3rd level (3 slots): bestow curse, counterspell, fear, haste, lightning bolt
- 4th level (3 slots): blight, greater invisibility, polymorph
- 5th level (3 slots): conjure elemental, dominate person, scrying
- 6th level (2 slots): disintegrate
- 7th level (1 slot): forcecage
- 8th level (1 slot): control weather
- 9th level (1 slot): power word kill
- Water Susceptibility. For every 5 ft. the Witch Queen moves in water, or for every gallon of water splashed on it, it takes 10 cold damage.
- Multiattack. The Witch Queen makes two attacks.
- Dagger. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) piercing damage. Evil witches have poisoned daggers, targets must make a successful DC 19 Constitution saving throw or take 24 (7d6) poison damage, half damage on a save.
- Broom of Flying. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) bludgeoning damage.
- Uncanny Dodge. When an attacker that the Witch Queen can see hits it with an attack, the Witch Queen can use its reaction to halve the attack’s damage against it.
The Witch Queen can be appear as any kind of humanoid. They often have familiars with them. The witch’s alignment affects what kind of creature will serve them.
Two Paths. Witches can take one of two paths. There are only good and evil witches.
Spellbooks. As with wizards, witches keep all their spells in a spellbook. If the spellbook is destroyed, so is their ability to cast spells. However, witches can also continue to add spells to their repertoire if they have their spellbooks.
Bewitched Brooms. Most witches use magical brooms to fly around. They can travel double their speed when mounted on their brooms.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood