Medium monstrosity, neutral evil
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 44 (8d8 + 8)
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||15 (+2)||13 (+1)||7 (-2)||12 (+1)||8 (-1)|
- Spider Climb: The ettercap can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
- Web Sense: While in contact with a web, the ettercap knows the exact location of any other creature in contact with the same web.
- Web Walker: The ettercap ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.
- Multiattack: The ettercap makes two attacks: one with its bite and one with its claws.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) piercing damage plus 4 (1d8) poison damage. The target must succeed on a DC 11 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself a success.
- Claws: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) slashing damage.
- Web (Recharge 5-6): Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 30/60 ft., one Large or smaller creature. Hit: The creature is restrained by webbing. As an action, the restrained creature can make a DC 11 Strength check, escaping from the webbing on a success. The effect also ends if the webbing is destroyed. The webbing has AC 10, 5 hit points, vulnerability to fire damage, and immunity to bludgeoning, poison, and psychic damage.
This hideous purple creature walks upright like a man, but its face is that of a spider, and its hands are sickle-shaped claws.