Large monstrosity, neutral evil
Hardened purple plates cover the body of this strange creature and it seems to gather itself as it flexes its backward bent limbs, whipping its long tail and wicked stinger through the air, Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 26 (4d10 +4)
Speed 40 ft., swim 40 ft.
|14 (+2)||22 (+6)||13 (+1)||3 (–4)||13 (+1)||5 (–3)|
- Pounce. If the korkcitura moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature and then hits it with a bite or sting attack on the same turn, the target must succeed on a DC 16 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the korkcitura can make either one bite or one sting attack against it as a bonus action. The korkcitura must use the attack that was not used to render the creature prone. A korkcitura pouncing with the sting could bite the prone target, but not attack it again with the sting.
- Swampstrider. The korkcitura can move through bogs, quicksand, and all non-magical swampy terrain without the terrain costing extra movement. It may move through obstacles in such terrain without being slowed or taking damage from it. The korkcitura has advantage on saving throws prompted by magic duplicating such terrain or its effects.
- Multiattack. The korkcitura makes one bite attack and one sting attack.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d10 + 2) piercing damage.
- Sting. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 23 (2d8+2) piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 12 Constitution saving throw, taking 22 (4d10) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much on a successful one.
The origins of korkcitura are quite simple—they were once next in line to be the apex predator among the Underworld beasts, second only to the kraydil. When kraidyl rose from the muck empowered with profane energies, they started to wipe out these creatures but quickly found them to be utterly indigestible; rather than kill all of the korkcitura, they subjugated and ultimately domesticated the strange magical animals.
Now korkcitura are reduced to scavengers that follow kraidyl around the Underworld, feeding off the scant bits of meat left behind after a successful hunt or, if particularly lucky, made into a mount.
Korkcitura stand at about 5 to 6 feet in height and weigh between 1400 and 1600 pounds.
Underworld Races and Classes © 2017 AAW Games LLC; Designers: Thilo Graf and Mike Myler