Large monstrosity, neutral evil
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 90 (12d8 + 36)
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
|12 (+1)||17 (+3)||16 (+3)||8 (-1)||15 (+2)||19 (+4)|
- Serpent Strike. The matriarch serpentine lamia has advantage on attack rolls against a creature she has surprised or that is charmed by her or her allies.
- Snake Body. The matriarch serpentine lamia has advantage on saving throws and ability checks against being knocked prone.
- Speak with Snakes. The matriarch serpentine lamia can communicate with snakes as if they shared a language.
- Innate Spellcasting. The matriarch serpentine lamia’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). She can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Multiattack. The matriarch serpentine lamia makes three attacks, but can use her constrict and Debilitating Touch attacks only once each.
- Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) slashing damage.
- Constrict. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d10 + 3) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a Medium or smaller creature, it is grappled (escape DC 14). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, the matriarch can automatically hit the target with her constrict, and the she can’t constrict another target.
- Debilitating Touch. Melee Spell Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: The target is magically cursed for 10 minutes. Until the curse ends, the target has disadvantage on Dexterity and Strength saving throws and ability checks.
- Seduce. One humanoid the matriarch serpentine lamia can see within 30 feet of her must succeed on a DC 15 Charisma saving throw or be magically charmed for 1 day. The charmed target obeys the matriarch’s verbal commands. If the target suffers any harm or receives a suicidal command, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on a success. If the target successfully saves against the effect, or if the effect ends on it, the target is immune to the matriarch’s Seduce for the next 24 hours. The matriarch can have only one target seduced at a time. If it seduces another, the effect on the previous target ends.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.