Small monstrosity, lawful evil
Armor Class 15
Hit Points 58 (9d6 + 27)
Speed 20 ft., fly 60 ft.
|12 (+1)||20 (+5)||16 (+3)||10 (+0)||12 (+1)||12 (+1)|
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11
Challenge 2 (700 XP)
- Skittering. Up to two tosculi can share the same space at one time. The tosculi has advantage on attack rolls while sharing its space with another tosculi that isn’t incapacitated.
- Multiattack. The tosculi warrior makes one bite attack, one claws attack, and one stinger attack.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 7 (1d4 + 5) piercing damage.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d4 + 5) slashing damage.
- Stinger. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 7 (1d4 + 5) piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw against poison or be paralyzed for 1 minute. A paralyzed target repeats the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Prepare Host. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one paralyzed creature. Hit: 10 (2d4 + 5) piercing damage, and the target is paralyzed for 8 hours. The paralysis can be ended with a successful DC 20 Wisdom (Medicine) check or by a spell or magical effect that cures disease. (Because only paralyzed creatures can be targeted, a hit by this attack is automatically a critical hit; bonus damage is included in the damage listing.)
This humanoid wasp’s gossamer wings beat out a soft, droning buzz. Flashing blades sing in each of her four clawed hands, and the air around her crackles with arcane energy.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.