Medium outsider, any chaotic
Armor Class 15
Hit Points 27 (5d8+5)
Speed: 90 ft. fly
|13 (+1)||18 (+4)||12 (+1)||17 (+3)||17 (+3)||14 (+2)|
Skills: Arcana +5, Perception +5, Religion +5, Survival +5
Senses: darkvision 120 ft., ethereal vision, passive Perception 16
Damage Resistances: acid, fire, lightning, thunder, spell resistance
Damage Immunities: poison, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Condition Immunities: grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained
Special Vulnerabilities: dispel magic (see below)
Languages: Auran, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Infernal, native language of its master
Challenge: 1 (200 XP)
- Bound: A mercurial can travel to a distance away from its master of no more than 500 feet per level of the master. If a mercurial attempts to travel beyond this range, it encounters an unseen and impenetrable barrier.
- Dispel Magic: If a mercurial is the target of a dispel magic spell, and it fails a Charisma save (DC=caster’s spell save DC), it is banished back to the methetherial plane for 1d6 hours. The mercurial’s spell resistance does not work against this spell.
- Ethereal Sight: The mercurial can see 60 feet into the Ethereal Plane when it is on the Material Plane, and vice versa.
- Incorporeal Movement: The mercurial can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. It takes 5 (1d10) force damage if it ends its turn inside an object.
- Incorporeal Touch. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., 1 target. Hit: 3 (1d6) force damage, and target loses 1d4 points of Charisma. If Charisma reaches zero, the target stops moving, loses all sense of self and sentience, and is considered an object thereafter. The body begins to shut down and dies within 1d20 minutes unless Charisma is raised above zero, which can be done via restoration, greater restoration, wish, or a similar magical effect (though not cure wounds). Lost Charisma returns at a rate of 1d6 per short rest or entirely after a long rest.
Supreme Mercurials also exist; they have the same statistics as Greater Mercurials except they are Challenge 4 and have 9d8 hit dice (49 hp). Their spell resistance is effective against dispel magic. They are worth 1,100 XP.
Familiars & Companions, Copyright 2017, Troll Lord Games; Author Casey Christofferson, Justin Bacon, Tommy Ruteledge, Josh Hubbel, Lance Hawvermile, Luke Johnson, Stephen Vogel and Dave Zenz.