Medium plant, neutral
Armor Class: 17
Hit Points 55 (10d8)
Speed: 50 ft., climb 30 ft.
|12 (+1)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)||15 (+2)||15 (+2)||17 (+3)|
Skills: Animal Handling +5, Insight +5, Nature +5, Perception +5, Survival +5
Senses: darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 15
Damage Vulnerabilities: necrotic, Acid, Fire
Damage Resistances: psychic, radiant, cold, lightning, thunder, bludgeoning from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities: poison
Condition Immunities: poisoned, charmed, fatigued, petrified
Languages: Common, sylvan, primordial, telepathic communication
Challenge: 6 (2,300 XP)
- Camouflage: Forest nymphs become nearly invisible when traveling through the forest. They are treated as invisible to anyone more than 30 feet away from them, unless they choose to be seen. This applies even in combat, but only while in their native terrain.
- Multiattack: Vine grapple and a thorned slam every round.
- Jagger Bush: As a bonus action, the forest nymph may thorn slam any creatures it has grappled.
- Sneak Attack: Forest nymphs can sneak attack as a rogue, as long as they are in the forest.
- Sylvan Allies: The forest of a forest nymph usually has other guardians that the nymphs had befriended. The forest nymph can communicate with these creatures –be they unicorns, tree warriors, or even dire animals, as a matter of course. A forest nymph’s scream can be heard for several miles within their own forest (carried from one tree to the next), and it usually brings guardians running. In game terms this means that a forest nymph can use the conjure animals or conjure woodland beings spell 3/long rest (up to 6th level spell slot).
- Telepathic Communication: The forest nymph can telepathically communicate with any creature that it can see, which can also see it.
- Thorned Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d8+2) slashing damage.
- Vine Grapple. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: Target is grappled and drawn towards the nymph. Each round, the target can make a DC 13 strength check to break free. The nymph can grapple up to 4 targets simultaneously.
Forest nymphs are powerful protectors of the natural realm and guardians of the forest –living plants that possess all the strength of their tree cousins. They bear the deceptive appearance of slim-bodied young girls, though their hair is a tangled mass of long, flexible branches.
Similarly, their toes are able to lengthen into roots, allowing the forest nymph to feed or drink. and although their skin looks human, to the touch its true nature is revealed –a dry, birch-like bark over hard wood.
Certain secluded swamps or bayous enjoy the protection of a swamp-dwelling version of the forest nymph. These “swamp maidens,” as they’re sometimes called, are like their forest cousins in most ways. Swamp maidens, however, tend to be a little more malicious towards human interlopers, and their allies tend to be of a darker cast.
Familiars & Companions, Copyright 2017, Troll Lord Games; Author Casey Christofferson, Justin Bacon, Tommy Ruteledge, Josh Hubbel, Lance Hawvermile, Luke Johnson, Stephen Vogel and Dave Zenz.