Medium undead, chaotic evil
Armor Class 13 (leather armor)
Hit Points 90 (12d8+36)
Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
|17 (+3)||12 (+1)||17 (+3)||10 (+0)||12 (+1)||15 (+2)|
Skills Athletics +4, Perception +2, Stealth +2
Damage Immunities poison Damage Resistances fire
Condition Immunities exhaustion, poisoned; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; passive Perception 10
Languages understands the languages it knew in life but can’t speak
Challenge 2 (450 XP)
- Multiattack. The draugr captain makes two greataxe attacks.
- Greataxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d12 + 2) slashing damage, and once per round on the draugr captain’s turn, the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or its hit point maximum is reduced by 5. This reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0. A humanoid slain by this attack rises 24 hours later as a draugr under the draugr captain’s control, unless the humanoid is restored to life or its body is destroyed. The draugr captain can have no more than twelve draugr under its control at one time.
- Mist (3/Day). The daugr captain creates a 20-footradius sphere of fog centered on its space. The sphere spreads around corners, and its area is lightly obscured. Anything more than 5 feet away through the fog is heavily obscured. It lasts for 5 minutes or until a wind of moderate or greater speed (at least 10 miles per hour) disperses it.
Creating a Draugr NPC
To turn an existing NPC into a draugr, apply the following changes:
- +2 Str, -2 Int
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Swim 30 ft.
- Resistance to fire damage
- Immune to poison damage
- Immune to being poisoned and exhaustion
- Understands the languages it knew in life but can’t speak
- Once per round on its turn, when it hits with a melee attack, it may incapacitate a target (see above) with a DC of 8 + proficiency bonus + Charisma modifier.
This alters the NPC’s Challenge.
Pirate Campaign Compendium © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer Jason Nelson. Authors: Alex Augunas, Jeff Gomez, Matt Goodall, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Victoria Jaczko, Jonathan H. Keith, Lyz Liddell, Thomas J. Phillips, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Loren Sieg, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Rachel Ventura, Michael D. Welham, Linda Zayas-Palmer.