Medium undead, chaotic evil
Armor Class 13
Hit Points 45 (7d8 + 14)
Speed 30 ft.
|12 (+1)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||9 (–1)||10 (+0)||16 (+3)|
Skills Stealth +5 (+7 in dim light or darkness)
Damage Immunities necrotic, poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Umbral
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Shadow Stealth. While in dim light or darkness, the ghoul can take the Hide action as a bonus action.
- Sunlight Weakness. While in sunlight, the ghoul has disadvantage on attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws.
- Multiattack. The ghoul makes two attacks, one with its bite and one with its claws.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) piercing damage.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (2d4 + 3) slashing damage. If the target is a creature other than an elf or an undead, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Shadow Bolt. Ranged Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 60 ft., one creature. Hit: 17 (5d6) cold damage. The target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or become blinded for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
Courts of the Shadow Fey © 2019 Open Design LLC; Authors: Wolfgang Baur & Dan Dillon.